Monday, March 21, 2011

Fun DIY Craft to announce pregnancy to family

My husband and I found out we were pregnant at the beginning of June 2010.  We were so excited that it took everything in us to not call our parents right then and there to tell them, but we wanted to think of a unique way to share the news with them.  With Father's Day approaching two weeks later, we decided to have a get together with both sets of parents at our house.  I made "diaper duty" tool belts for our dads as their Father's Day presents to announce the news:




I got the tool belts from Sears and bought fabric paint to label them.  (I believe the tool belts are technically called "waist aprons".)  I stuffed them each with diapers, a travel pack of wipes, a pacifier, a sample packet of diaper rash cream, a travel size baby powder bottle, a Munchkin diaper bag dispenser, travel hand sanitizer, and then comical items like a mask, goggles, gloves and earplugs.  It turned out to really be a hit!  This could be used as a fun way to announce that you're pregnant to your husband/boyfriend as well!